United Way ALICE Report – UPDATED

Study of financial hardship

Read the Updated 2017 Regional Report
Read the updated 2017 Full Report

United Way ALICE® Project

ALICE stands for Asset Limited, Income Constrained, Employed. The United Way term represents the growing number of hardworking individuals and families across Idaho, the Pacific Northwest and the nation who are working but unable to afford the basic household necessities, including housing, child care, health care, food and transportation. Released in January 2016, the United Way ALICE Report – Pacific Northwest, 2016 presents publicly available data in a comprehensive way to illustrate the true scope of financial need in our communities. All seven United Ways in Idaho, as well as United Ways across Oregon and Washington, took part in the ALICE Report.

– See more at: https://www.unitedwaytv.org/work/alice-report/#sthash.hJU7xOF4.dpuf

United Way ALICE® Project

ALICE stands for Asset Limited, Income Constrained, Employed. The United Way term represents the growing number of hardworking individuals and families across Idaho, the Pacific Northwest and the nation who are working but unable to afford the basic household necessities, including housing, child care, health care, food and transportation. Released in January 2016, the United Way ALICE Report – Pacific Northwest, 2016 presents publicly available data in a comprehensive way to illustrate the true scope of financial need in our communities. All seven United Ways in Idaho, as well as United Ways across Oregon and Washington, took part in the ALICE Report.

– See more at: https://www.unitedwaytv.org/work/alice-report/#sthash.hJU7xOF4.dpuf

United Way ALICE® Project

ALICE stands for Asset Limited, Income Constrained, Employed. The United Way term represents the growing number of hardworking individuals and families across Idaho, the Pacific Northwest and the nation who are working but unable to afford the basic household necessities, including housing, child care, health care, food and transportation. Released in January 2016, the United Way ALICE Report – Pacific Northwest, 2016 presents publicly available data in a comprehensive way to illustrate the true scope of financial need in our communities. All seven United Ways in Idaho, as well as United Ways across Oregon and Washington, took part in the ALICE Report.

– See more at: https://www.unitedwaytv.org/work/alice-report/#sthash.hJU7xOF4.dpuf

 

UNITED WAY ALICE PROJECT

Louisiana has had more than its share of natural disasters, from Hurricanes Katrina and Rita to the 2016 floods. While these events take a toll on all Louisianans, those who are most vulnerable are ALICE and families living in poverty. ALICE is a group of people who work hard, but still cannot afford to make ends meet. ALICE lives in every town and every parish in Louisiana – working as child care providers, aides for the elderly, as cashiers, mechanics, and waiters and waitresses. They are our friends, family, and people we rely on every day.

To provide a better understanding of ALICE, United Ways throughout Louisiana eagerly share this update, which advances the information by one year since our first United Way ALICE Report for Louisiana was released in January 2016. This Report reveals that 23 percent of all Louisiana households are ALICE and another 19 percent live in poverty. Together, 42 percent of all Louisiana households cannot afford basic expenses – housing, child care, food, transportation, health care, and taxes.